Mediterranean haloumi salad
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 6-8 medium vine tomatoes, sliced
- 100g roasted red and yellow peppers in oil, drained and sliced
- 15-20 caperberries
- Handful small black olives
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 x 225g packs haloumi
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Place the onion in a small bowl and pour over enough freshly boiled water to cover. Leave for a minute, then drain and rinse in cold water. Lay the sliced tomatoes on a platter and scatter over the blanched onion, roasted peppers, caperberries and olives. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, season well and set aside.
- Thickly slice the haloumi. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and cook the cheese in batches for a minute on each side until golden. Add the cooked haloumi to the platter, drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and sprinkle over some basil leaves. Serve with crusty bread.